Want to learn how to use event video production to increase attendee engagement? You’ve come to the right place. Get the 100% capture rate you deserve by reading through our event video expertise below.
How to Start Using Attendee-Attracting Event Videography
Video (when done right) is itself engaging. It caters to one of the most dominant human senses: our sight. In other words, we’re all hardwired to be video junkies.
The more stimulating visual content you give your attendees, the more opportunities they must notice, take in, and remember your event—but don’t take “more” too far.
So how do you do that? Your favorite event production agency (i.e ., OVATION) is here to help. We’ll break it down for you in three simple steps:
Developing an Event Video Production Strategy
You can’t go about event video production willy-nilly. If you do, your attendees will be sure to notice—and not in a good way.
Before even thinking about creating event videos, you first have to map out what you want these videos to accomplish.
The least you need to know? Define the who, what, when, where, and how (you should already know the why by now):
- Who (Audience): Who are you targeting at your event? Different audience types will often have different expectations for your visual content. To know whether you need minimalist displays or loud, laser-accompanied visuals, identify your attendees’ persona profiles to determine which kinds of event videography they’ll respond to most.
- What (Objectives): What do you want your video production services to do in relation to viewers? No matter if you’re launching a new product, hosting a keynote speaker, or having a sales kickoff, set some data-driven event video goals to create a visionary visual experience.
- When (Timeline): When in the lifetime of your event will your videos roll out? It’s possible to put visual content out before, during, andafter an event has taken place. Deciding when you’d like your event video production to start and end will help you select the right variety of videos for your event.
- Where (Event Space): Where will your videos show their stuff? Although video production services during virtual, hybrid, and live events are a must, you can’t use video the same way at all 3. Attendees at virtual events will want different visuals than attendees at live events. Establishing your event space will help you narrow down your video options later.
- How (Budget): How do you address the above while getting the biggest bang for your budget? Luckily for you, video has one of the greatest ROIs out there. Balance your funds to maximize your event video production without minimizing your attendees’ viewing pleasure.
Designing Custom Event Videos
Once you’ve established the strategy behind your event videography, it’s time for the fun to begin.
During this phase, you’ll begin building out custom event videos that are unique to your brand’s event identity, showcase what you have to say or offer, and grab the attention of your attendees.
Video-wise, there’s a lot to think about here. The types of event videos you choose to include can make or break an event. And trust us—there are lots of different choices out there.
While the list below isn’t fully exhaustive, take a look to get an idea of your many video options:
- Announcement event videos
- Behind the Scenes event videos
- Bumper event videos
- FAQ event videos
- Highlight Reel event videos
- Holding Slide event videos
- Introduction event videos
- Live Streaming event videos
- Panel Discussion event videos
- Presentation event videos
- Product Demo event videos
- Recap event videos
- Social Media event videos
- Testimonial event videos
Bottom line: don’t under- or overwhelm your attendees with your videos. Pick the right visual content to keep their interest somewhere contentedly in between.
Delivering Your Event Videography
The day is here. The time is now. Your event is happening.
Nobody, your attendees included, wants to see event videos that aren’t ready for their big debut. Before the day(s) your videos go live, make sure you:
- Finalize Your Production: Make sure every phase of your event video production is ready to rock. Run through your videos in advance to catch pitfalls before they happen.
- Fix Your Videos: It’s a given that your visuals should be edited and vetted before your event date. Still: have your creatives double-check your pre-made event videos in case any flaws found their way through.
- Find Your Support: Mistakes can always happen, especially in the event world. To avoid snafus, keep an event services support team online or on-site to help you solve problems with your videos quickly and efficiently.
How to Use Video Production to Get the Most Attendee Engagement
The best way to get your audience hooked on the look of your event videos? Bring in the pros. We’re not called OVATION for nothing. When you work with us, our omni-event experts offer you a fully customizable video broadcast package. From layout to rollout, we’ll strategize and creatively design event videography that hits your targeted audience’s needs.
Contact us today to get a glimpse of what we can visually do for your next sales kickoff, user conference, or corporate event. Looking for some inspiration? Check out our highlight reel before you leave!