“The collective idea about events is it’s an opportunity to gather together to do something important.”
OVATION VP of Sales, Peter Gentile, recently joined the Speaking of Events Podcast to talk about the speaker’s journey with host, Kerri Garbis. Listen as Peter shares what he has learned during his time working with all sorts of companies, from Fortune 500 to emerging startups. Peter also talks about what he’s learned from the professional event industry and shares some of his tips with listeners.
Peter joins Kerri to talk about what he has learned from the professional event industry and share some of his tips with listeners!
- Events allow for a better opportunity for human connection. It’s not always about someone standing on a stage and talking for hours, but rather it could be smaller incremental presentations or smaller groups.
- You can see a tremendous amount of revenue growth from having meetings where you invite potential or current customers to see how your product works.
- When setting up an event, you have to not only think about the attendee journey but also the speaker journey and how to have the speaker be part of your content story.
- When working with speakers, you want to make sure you are being very clear and detailed with them about what they will have at their disposal (ie, the size of the projector they might be using and the format of it)
- You want to make sure that no matter what, the speaker you are using for an event goes through the rehearsal process and checks out the slide deck that you prepare for them. You don’t want them to be caught off guard by not preparing.
- Putting in the extra effort to an event can make all the difference in how the event will turn out. It might cost extra money, but it makes the event run more smoothly and be a better experience for all in attendance.
- There are expenses that have come up exponentially around events. Things such as travel, access to technology and the cost of technicians in the marketplace have gone up which makes it harder to find the right and best people.