The Virtual, Event Technical Director focuses on all aspects of virtual, online, digital, and live events from strategy and concept to execution.
The Technical Director works closely with the Business Development Team to recommend Platform, Webinar and Livestream solutions that are cost effective and engaging.
You will work with our Business Development Team, Account Managers, Website Platform Developers, and Creative, Technical and Operational teams to ensure a flawless Webinar, Livestream or Online collaborative Meeting and ensure client expectations are on budget.
The importance of this position lies in its unique ability to exceed client expectations, ensuring they fully comprehend the solution being provided. Helping clients understand new learnings in a fast-changing technical virtual world is key.
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed:
- Minimum 6’ distances will be marked with floor tape for desk positions
- Plexiglass partitions will be positioned where extensive client interaction is needed e.g. GFX
- Masks, hand sanitizer, and face shields will be provided
Salary commensurate with experience – this is a mid-senior level position.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participation in initial sales pitches
- Work closely with our Technology Department on platform build
- Work closely with Creative Director, Producer, and IT Departments ensuring cross department information is always accurate
- Recording Studio or Venue Advance if needed
- Work closely with Producer for presenter technical “check-ins” and rehearsals
- Vectorworks/ CAD drawings (for live events if required)
- Liaise with all third-party vendors, product manufacturers to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to switch a livestream from front to back, simulcasting on all channels, live switching, utilizing our technology, vendors, and open-source software for our livestreaming platforms
- Responsible for joining or hosting Zoom call (when applicable) and merging multiple feeds into the stream
- Assume Zoom/Host or Livestream Operator position, responsible for cueing and managing all lower thirds and graphic elements
- Stage Manager/Show Caller as required
- Create Cue to Cue Sheet as required
- Research and recommend future technology solutions for the company
- Strong Technical Skills, with a bias on Video, Signal flow, IT, and Networking
- Ability to research and monitor changing technology and update team members
- Highly detailed and organized with ability to multi-task under pressure
- Enjoy digging into and developing technical and organizational skills
- Experience of Webinar, Livestreaming, and Online Meetings
- Ability to Monitor Audio/Video/Content Quality Control
- Experience in all or some of the following:
- Vmix, Livestream Studio, OBS, Wirecast, Ecamm Live, MS Teams, MS Office, Google Gsuite, OSX, Windows 10
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Works well in team
- Ability to travel if required
Training will be provided on technologies and advanced tools we are currently using
OVATION creates, executes, and elevates shareable experiences. We pair a robust combination of internal services you might expect from a big box company with the boutique attention, flexibility, and fun that a close team needs. There is a warehouse of production equipment, Livestream Studio, a Creative Department, and our unique Marquee Software for content distribution.
We believe that a successful event actively stimulates the future of our client’s brand and gives their leaders a platform to excel.
Job Type: Part-Time Project based, leading to full-time
Please email resume to Janet Smith: jsmith (at) ovationevents (dot) com