OVATION Events is a virtual, hybrid and live event production company headquartered in Nashville, TN with a satellite office in Boston, MA. We elevate event experiences to fuel meaningful connections between people and brands. As the entire industry has pivoted towards virtual, OVATION Events has continued to support and provide excellent service to our longstanding and new clients. As COVID-19 continues to keep event venues closed, we are ramping up our events team to continue supporting the high demand for virtual events.
OVATION Events is currently seeking a Creative Director to join our expert team of Virtual, Hybrid and Live Event professionals. In this role you will be in close collaboration with producers, account managers, technical leads, clients and creative teams. The ideal candidate already has gained experience in driving the creative vision for large in-person and virtual events. Potential candidates should have a portfolio of work demonstrating their expertise in assembling and leading creative teams to produce a range of creative deliverables. Typical projects will involve a combination of event brand identity development, motion graphics and 3D animation, web design, video production, and presentation design. Candidates should enjoy working with clients and understanding how to bring their ideas to life and guide them through the creative process. The right candidate exhibits a true passion for effectively and efficiently executing on new ideas for clients and holds a high standard for design and attention to detail.
This position will report to the Executive Creative Director, who oversees the department.
Interested candidates, please send resumes and portfolios to email@example.com.
- Lead overall creative direction and vision from start to finish on client projects:
- Develop, communicate and present ideas (verbally and written) in a way that inspires, excites and sells concepts
- Collaborate with team members to develop and drive creative timelines and objectives for both RFPs and programs
- Constant communication with producers and technical directors to identify areas of concern that could affect the client’s creative vision
- Provide input on scheduling and staffing of regular creative team members for assigned events, including graphic designers, UI/UX designers, animators, editors, content coordinators, copywriters, and others needed for the overall successful execution of the creative portion of client programs
- Build deep, impactful relationships with clients:
- Develop an understanding of a client’s business goals and translate them into unique creative solutions
- Attend program site surveys and events (as needed in the times of COVID-19)
- Deliver presentations which include driving a point of view, describing the company’s capabilities, and explaining program approaches to clients
- Collaborate with clients with a willingness to change and tweak creative concepts as required, from initial development to final execution
- Work with producers and account managers with front-end budget management to ensure creative elements are within cost and can be reasonably executed within the allotted time frames
- 6+ years of experience in event production -either on the agency or client side.
- Event Marketing experience is a plus.
- Virtual Events experience is a plus.
- Broadcast experience is a plus.
- Knowledgeable about design software (Adobe Creative Suite and 3D build programs) in order to manage development time for concepts being executed by designers
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams and Box, and able to compile ideas within PowerPoint/Keynote decks to present ideas to team/clients
- Comfortable in a test-and-learn environment.
- Ability to travel as needed. (heavily limited due to COVID-19. Travel only when necessary)
- Highly organized and effective time management skills
- Strong work ethic and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-manage deliverables to ensure deadlines are met and design quality is excellent
- Highly skilled in handling multiple, complex, concurrent projects
- Innate ability to work calmly and steadily in high-pressure situations and think of innovative solutions and use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns on the spot
- Demonstrated expertise in event creative storytelling through design and production
- Strong track record in building creative identity around content production
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to external and internal audiences and customers
- A collaborative and team-oriented approach. No egos.
- An ability to assure that your creative team meets all project deadlines and deliverables.
- The ability to collaborate with internal and client teams to ensure the virtual/hybrid/or live experience is amazing, just what we promised the client